||Self-Checkout/Checkin in Your Pocket!
Checkout/Checkin (return) library items using your phone or
||Go to the App Store (IOS) or Google play (Android) and search for
Mercer Self Checkout.
||Or, scan the QR
||Download and open the Mercer Self-Checkout App on your
Allow the app to access your camera in order to scan barcodes on
books and models.
Allow the app to send you notifications.
app to access your location so that it can automatically connect to the library
that you are using.
||Use the Mercer Self-Checkout App.
- Touch "START" on the welcome screen.
- Enter the same username and password you use to
access MyMercer or your Mercer email.
- Touch the "Check Out Items" or "Return Items"
- Touch the "+" button to checkout or return an
- Scan the barcode of the item you wish to borrow
or return. It is located on the inside back cover of a book.
- Touch the "FINISH" button.
- You will receive an email from "meeScan"
confirming your checkout or return unless you have disabled this function on
|You're ready to go!
Books and models
CANNOT be renewed using the Self-Checkout App. To renew items, please visit the
library page http://med.mercer.edu/library and
click on "Renew" under "Popular Links."
|Helpful hints for easy scanning.
- Fit the entire barcode in the viewfinder.
- Hold the phone steady until the barcode comes
- Don't get too close. The best distance is around
15cm / 6"
- Tilt the phone to avoid glare if necessary.