What is the DMPTool?
The DMPTool is an online tool that includes data
management plan templates for many of the large funding agencies that require
such plans, including
- The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Science Foundation (NSF), including many
The tool includes general guidance, links to helpful
documentation, issues to consider, and specific questions to think about as you
prepare your data management plan. Space is provided to compose a response for
each of the main areas that your funding agency would like for you to address
in your plan. You can save and come back to your plan as often as you like.
When you are finished, you can export your plan in plain text format and insert
it into your grant proposal.
Using DMPTool at Mercer University
Mercer University is a DMPTool partner
- Go to: https://dmptool.org/
- Click on "Sign in" in the upper right hand
- Select "Option 1: If your institution is
affiliated with DMPTool. " Click on "Your Institution"
- In the "Look up your institution here" seach box,
begin typing Mercer University.
- Select "Mercer University" from the menu and
click the "Go" button
- If you are a first time user, click on "Create