(1) Perform the literature search of your topic in
(2) Export the selected references into a
reference management software program such as Endnote.
(3) Save the references in RIS format or XML
format. Note that Covidence will only accept XML files created by PubMed or
(4) Go to Covidence, click "Import References".
Select “Screen” folder and then the file you just saved.
Click “Import” when ready.
Covidence will upload the references and also
check & remove duplicates within this file.
(5) If there are further records to import,
continue the above steps. Covidence will auto-remove duplicate references among
(6) References are now be ready for screening.
For more information on Import References, please
refer to Covidence’s Help:
Viewing duplicates and errors
Bulk PDF Import (beta)
Undoing an import